Question : How can i transfer my site to another domain ?
For this please follow the steps below
1. Move your files to the new domains hosting. You can zip all your old files together , move and then extract them again.
2. Now from phpmyadmin take a backup of your database as sql file format.
3. Create a new mysql database on your new hosting.
4. Import the old database sql to new one. You can follow this tutorial http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smb-technologist/import-and-export-databases-using-phpmyadmin/
5. Now edit NEW_DOMAIN_ROOT/application/config/database.php file and put your new mysql connection infos. Example
$db['default']['hostname'] = 'database host name';
$db['default']['username'] = 'database username';
$db['default']['password'] = 'database user password';
$db['default']['database'] = 'database name';
6. Now your new domain is ready. Try log to admin panel. The application will ask you the item id and purchase code. Provide it, you new domain will be activated and old one will be deactivated .